Monday, May 11, 2009

Do Have A Sausage, Polly...

The other day I opened up my e-mail and discovered a something a bit different, which brought a smile to my face and pangs of regret at the same time. A couple of days on and this feeling still
hasn't resolved itself, as basically I am pig sick!

The thing is Darragh of This Is What I Do... contacted me with an invitation to attend a barbecue this evening. Yeah, so what? We're all invited to barbecue's throughout the transient Irish 'summer' and to be honest, more often than not it's a blessing in disguise to not be able to attend them! Let's face it, the menu is fairly restrictive isn't it? One burnt sausage tastes much the same as another, or does it?


The barbecue in question is somewhat different and has been organised by Artisan Producer (Best in Ireland Bridgestone Guide) Jane Russell whose Original Irish Handmade Sausages were launched in 2004. They are high-meat, low-fat ‘proper’ sausages which bear little resemblence to those overweight pink fingies which I have always despised!





Sadly I've never come across them, despite their wide acclaim. I will however seek them out when next in Dublin, us culchies have yet to be edumacated regarding quality when it comes to sausages, so it'll probably be a while before Jane ventures further afield...



So, if you are at a loose end and fancy sampling some of Ireland's best, get your skates on and head off down to the Odessa Club, 7.30 pm, Monday 11 May (that's this evening folks!)...

No comments: